Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Quick Update

Just a quick update , I promise I won't bore you with row-by-row photos as I finish this.

Here's a close-up photo of Peter's rug, including the new rows of border that I wove yesterday:

peter's rug2

You can see the colors and small designs Peter used: the yarns were hand-dyed and have wonderful color variations. Most of the rug was woven when I received it, I'm weaving the last border. I managed yesterday to advance the warp, adjust the tension, and create the pattern from the back of the rug:

rug pattern2

and weave two rows. Only 35 rows left to go!

2 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing. The rug is so beautiful and your work will do much to ease Peter's sister's sorrow.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sara-

How wonderful to finish this piece and weave a piece of your heart into his memory.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home