Tuesday, April 04, 2006

And So It Begins

I dyed some wool samples yesterday, for Book 2 of the Dye Sample Books that Deb and I are doing. These are more complex colors than Book 1, and are fun to dye and see what comes out of the pot:

dyebook2

I was hoping to dye under blue skies and warm weather, but alas, that is not to be. Rainy weather is expected for at least the next two weeks, so I donned the rubber boots and fired up the steamer. By the end of the afternoon, I was toasty (or rather steamy) warm, so I guess there are compensations (other than all the glorious color!).

3 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

Blues? Greens? Did I make a wrong turn in blogland?

I love these complex colors. I was just reading Lisa's explanation about optical blending.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Baycolonyfarm said...

Are you dyeing in the yurt or on the porch?

Our warm weather left too. We are actually having snow flurries right now!

2:09 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

Thanks for the cold, driving rain. I know you've got something to do with this.

;-)

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home