Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Bit of Much Needed Red

This is just too cheerful not to share:

Kerry Blue yarn

I needed that! Contrasts nicely with the gray that is *here* these days. I've been traveling, and I know the weather is better elsewhere. I hope you people in CO are enjoying it!

This is approximately 1800 yds. of two ply Blue Faced Leicester, for the Kerry Blue Shawl from this book. The pattern does not specify yardage needed (darn!) so if anyone knows if 1800 will be enough, please let me know. I have plenty of time before starting this: I am still in the throes of Fir Cone Shawl, from this book. Kerry Blue might be a month or so away.

Here is the dime shot:

dime yarn

I don't have any more of this dyed BFL, the dyeing of which I chronicled many posts ago. If the pattern needs more yardage, I'll use this for something else. We are nothing if not flexible here. On this subject. At this time.

Well, okay we are not flexible, but I have several shawls in the queue that I'd be happy to knit. And I can spin something else for Kerry Blue, perhaps even something blue? Yardage anyone?

7 Comments:

Blogger Baycolonyfarm said...

Beautiful yarn Sara!

2:28 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

Predictably, I think that color is just fantastic.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Reagan Patrice said...

Here's a link to a recent shawl that was finished by Too Much Wool she doesn't list yardage, but it's a start as she just finished it in late March.

http://cassiana.typepad.com/photos/finished_2006/nknbblocking.html

4:35 PM  
Blogger beadlizard said...

I love the color! Glorious!

Cassie did a pretty good blogging of that shawl. I like her a lot.

We had a tiny bit of sun this evening and it's actually NOT raining as I write this. I heard Cazadero's already had 100 inches this year! Steph says it's sloggy wet up in the Gold Country, too.

--Syl

9:44 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Whew! The Red is back. That's a relief. I was starting to get concerned about you, hless.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Gorgeous red. If you can't have sun, the least you can do is dye lots of cheerful yarn!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I wish I could recall which blog I saw the yardage (google Kerry Blue shawl and you'll find a Kerry Blue dog blog, scroll down for the shawl). She used 1/2 cone of Brown Sheep Naturespun Fingering. That is a beautiful shawl.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home