Friday, June 09, 2006

Around The Bend

Admidst all the weaving, finishing, dyeing and packing I have continued to knit:

around the bend

The Fir Cone shawl has made it to the edging, and around the first corner. Timely, in that tomorrow is WWKIPD. This will be coming with me to the gathering at the Nevada County Library, 10 to noon (morphing into our regular Spinning Saturday, noon to 4 pm). Bring your knitting, your chair and a bag lunch and join us, or have your own gathering, large or small.

My tote bag is ready, Hide No More:

tote bag

Speaking of morphing, remember Lindsey's socks from this post? They have become a scarf:

Lindsey's scarf3

Very nice eh? This is the knit-dye-reknit yarn from Nancy's dye day here a while ago. Nancy and Deb will have a booth at Convergence, called Color To Dye For (#436) with lots of tempting things (sniff! I wish I could go!).

Oops! While my back was turned, the shawl became a rug:

Mojo shawl

Humph.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

Wow, I'd never heard of WWKIP day, that's great. I also see that your kitty knows exactly what to do with your lovely shawl; claim it!

12:57 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

Only the best will do for that kitty.

Igor says "meow".

5:07 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

Very nice lave knitting! I'm knitting a lace shawl for my LYS right now, from ribbon in a beautiful red/orange color. Should post a picture of it.... very lazy blogger these days. Its in ribbon, so not too lacey.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Lovely lace and a great color! I also like the socks into scarf pattern, one of my favorites! You are brave to work on your lace while we all yak - I am bringing something a bit simpler.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Your color choice really plays up the fir cone pattern. A dark green would have been so predictable (but probably what I would have done)! I have to agree with Birdsong though - hope you didn't have too much frogging to do.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home