Friday, February 23, 2007

Just In Time

red hat set

Recent travel knitting consisted of small things, from this red yarn, dyed red because of extreme-red-envy. The hat is a dubblemossa, with an eyelet rib from Walker:

red hat stitch detail2

Multiple of 7 stitches plus 2, purl 2 knit 5 for 3 rows, then purl 2, k2tog, YO, K, YO, SSK, repeat. It makes a nice little rib, and the hat being double thickness, the holes did not detract from the warmth factor.

I repeated the eyelet rib on the back of the mittys, but the scarf is one of the many multidirectional patterns out there, my version from here.

The *just in time* issue?

yurt snow Feb 2007

Winter has (finally) arrived :).

And now, to don the hat, scarf and mittens, and rush out to join my neighbors shopping for storm-essentials: bread, milk, toilet paper and chips. At least that's the bulk of what I see in grocery carts right before a storm. There must be some reason these are Storm Staples, but, oddly, none of them are on my list today:

sarasnow2

7 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

I hope you are cured of red envy as this is a stunning ensemble to face the snow with. Sue F. says I was last to be added to the dye class list... whoo, hoo!!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

oooooh, very red and very pretty. And you too ;D

3:18 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

You totally stole our snow. The storm gave it all to you and thumbed its nose at us. Were I to wear your ensemble, it would be like, whatever. Or maybe it's going to take red, a rain dance of sorts to make it happen in the rainshadow of the Sierras - Storm Stealers.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

It's snowing here now. Again.
Nice set. I love the red. I think that I need more red in my life!

4:35 AM  
Blogger Marcy said...

How very red of you!

Lovely red yurt in the snow photo!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Beautiful reds! Maybe winter was just waiting for you to be ready? We also had a late start on winter this year but are anticipating another ice storm tomorrow.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Lovely lovely reds! Condolences on the cold and snow - we've had torrential downpours the last few days. The sweetgum trees are budding already, which worries me because I think maybe they're being faked out by nature in an unnatural mood.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home