Monday, April 28, 2008

Time

gold yarn small

I think about writing a post. Does that count?

First, the business: Marie, Patricia will trade her hair for better hips. Deal?

Next up, aptly named deadlines. Ahem.

They seem so far away when I make them. There will be lots of time. Plans are made, yarns are spun or procured, tools assembled.

If all goes well (famous last words) things will get done in a timely manner.

Then a few things pop up. A few things get added to the list. An event comes around that takes me away from the studio. You know, life.

It's a gamble, setting those deadlines. If I miss one, that sets the whole time schedule off, which is not a good thing for a Virgo. We have our rules. We wish that we could abide by them.

silk knitting yarn small

I'm spinning away on these two projects, the deadline for which is next May. Yes, a year from now. Maybe by then I'll be caught up!

5 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

Can I have that white yarn? Or I should say may I have that white yarn?

9:18 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

How funny, that's just what I posted about - thinking about posting!

You would think that next May is a possibility, but if you're anything like me you'll need constant and firm reminders. Another wedding, perchance?

9:48 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

I'm not sure a life without any deadlines would be very productive. Some manageable ones are necessary, at least for me.

2:45 PM  
Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Deadlines and To Do lists are a necessary evil. Sometimes I feel that they remind me of the faliures more than the accomplishments they are designed for. Got that done, cross of the list, then there are four others that fall by the wayside. I live with a Virgo, I know what deadlines mean and missed dated, very painful to be off kilter like that. Good Luck and keep on track, BTW I love the gold yarn it absoulutly beautiful.

5:28 AM  
Blogger marchwind said...

Bless you for being a year ahead of yourself. If I did that I would carefully put the item away and then just as quickly forget where I put it. Such is life!

And YES, thinking about posting to your blog does count, but only if you tell us about it :D

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home